The Auschwitz Jewish Center (AJC) is the only Jewish presence in Oświęcim – the town the Germans called Auschwitz.
In 2000, the AJC opened its doors to honor the former residents of the town and to teach future generations about the destruction caused by the Holocaust.
Since 2006, the Center has been affiliated with the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust in New York.
The Center’s facilities include the Jewish Museum, Chevra Lomdei Mishnayot Synagogue, the Education Center, and Cafe Bergson located in the house of the last Jewish resident of Oświęcim.
Zvi celebrated his bar mitzvah at the Chevra Lomdei Mishnayot Synagogue in 1937. In 1945, Zvi returned to his hometown. Unfortunately, he was the only survivor from his entire family of over 100 people.