Managing Director for the Jewish Museum of the City of Vienna Ges.m.b.H.
Deadline: June 30th, 2021
In accordance with the BGBl Employment Act. I Nr. 26/1998, Wien Holding GmbH invites applications for the following position for one of its subsidiaries in the cultural sector, the Jewish Museum of the City of Vienna Ges.m.b.H.:
Your main tasks:
- Artistic, scientific and business management of the museum, including staff responsibility
- Artistic and scientific supervision of permanent and temporary exhibitions, educational projects and museum events
- Strategic further development of the museum’s work
- Artistic and scientific processing, maintenance and expansion of the collections of the Jewish Museum in coordination with the collections of the City of Vienna
- Making the collections publicly accessible and communicating them in both the digital and analogue space, with a focus on developing a dialogue-oriented and inclusive offer
- Relevant artistic and scientific research, especially of all aspects of Judaism in the context of the city of Vienna
- Development of strategic concepts for the further development of the museum’s operations
- Active networking with foreign and domestic cultural and Jewish institutions
- Teaching Austrian Judaism (historical and contemporary)
- Graduation with a relevant university degree or proof of comparable knowledge as well as expertise in Jewish studies and art history
- General management and leadership experience acquired in a museum or equivalent institution as well as expertise in managing members of staff
- Sound knowledge of the subject area supervised by the museum
- Excellent knowledge of the international museum scene
- Proven exhibition and publication experience
- Presentation of a concept for the continuing strategic development of the museum’s work and its diverse tasks, such as permanent and temporary exhibitions, collection conception and educational programmes
- High social competence and sociability in internal and external relations
- Good contacts to the Jewish Community in Vienna, especially to the IKG
- Understanding of public or private administrative units
- Strategic thinking in combination with strength in implementation
- Multilingualism (German, English, basic knowledge of Hebrew)
- Contacts / network with other Jewish museums
Please submit your application documents to www.jobs.leadershipservices.at by 30.06.2021 at the latest. Dr. Gundi Wentner and Flora Kuras (+43 1 537 00-2536) from Deloitte Consulting GmbH will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
In order to increase the share of women in the applications for the position in question, they are particularly strongly encouraged to apply.
For the advertisement in German, please visit the Wien Holding page.