The AEJM Curatorial Education Programme 2022 will take place from November 14th until November 18th in Vienna, Austria. The programme will be hosted by the Jewish Museum Vienna and will include excursions to Burgenland and Slovakia.
Preliminary programme outline:
- Hands-on workshops with the Judaica collections of the Jewish Museum Vienna
- Analysis of permanent exhibitions in the Jewish Museum Vienna
- Viennese Jewish cemeteries; history and stories behind gravestones
- Visiting Bratislava, Slovakia – the Bratislava Jewish Community Museum; hands-on workshop focusing on fakes at the Museum of Jewish Culture – the Slovak National Museum
- Trip to the Burgenland – the Wolf collection in Eisenstadt and the Jewish cemetery; workshop on gravestone inscriptions; the newly restored synagogue in Kobersdorf and the Jewish forest cemetery.
Assignments will be send out in due time.
To make the results of our joint efforts more visible, but also to make this work more transparent to the funders, written summaries of the edits and discussions will be published on the AEJM website.
Programme director: Felicitas Heimann-Jelinek, xhibit.at, Vienna
Programme manager: Michaela Feurstein-Prasser, xhibit.at, Vienna
Partner institutions: Jewish Museum Vienna, Jewish Museum Eisenstadt, Land Burgenland, Bratislava Jewish Community Museum, Museum of Jewish Culture – The Slovak National Museum
November 14th, 9:30 a.m. – November 18th, 3 p.m.
Registration is open until August 15th. Participants will receive a confirmation by the end of August.
Please note: Only a limited number of colleagues can participate in the CEP. It is primarily open to AEJM members. Participants are required to attend the full programme. Partial participation is only possible for the staff of the museums where the workshops will be held. They are also requested to register.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible; but please wait with travel and accommodation arrangements until we send your official confirmation for participation.