Warsaw // Poland
In January 2018 the AEJM will organize the 2nd edition of Jewish Museums Today: a 2-day study visit to Warsaw that will focus on communication and marketing of exhibitions with sensitive content, using the exhibition Blood: Uniting & Dividing at POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews as a case study.
Through this study visit, the AEJM aims at facilitating a network of communication and marketing professionals at Jewish museums, as well as supporting further professionalization of this network. The Warsaw programme will be kindly hosted by POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
Blood: Uniting & Dividing has been inspired by the exhibition at the Jewish Museum London (2015) dedicated to the meaning of blood in Jewish culture. The Polish edition developed the threads that emerged in London, enriching them with new ideas and objects. It explores the question of blood in its religious, historical and social context. Referring to both tradition and modernity, the exhibition aims at presenting facts and challenging stereotypes, especially those related to Christian-Jewish relations. The exhibition narrative is interspersed with contemporary art works, by Anish Kapoor, Moshe Gershuni and several Polish artists.
start: Monday 22 January, 13:00
end: Tuesday 23 January, 15:00
The programme will include:
– Curatorial visit of the exhibition Blood: Uniting & Dividing , with Joanna Fikus, Head of Exhibitions Dept.
– The Visitor’s and Expert’s Perspective, presentation of Blood’s visitors study results, by Katarzyna Krauze, Head of the Marketing Dept.
– Building a Communication Strategy, by Małgosia Zając, Senior Specialist Marketing Dept.
– Communication Plan, Messages, Media & Results, by Jakub Wozniak, Head of Communication Dept.
– Lessons from London: Comparing Different Approaches, by Abigail Morris, Director Jewish Museum London
– Insights on Blood from the Education Dept.
– Research Results and Recommendations on Barriers to Attendance for Families, by Małgosia Zając, Senior Specialist Marketing Dept.
– Facilitated discussion on common challenges and best practice in communication and marketing for sensitive exhibition content
– Visit to the new permanent exhibition What We Were Unable to Shout Out to the World on the Ringelblum Archives at the Jewish Historical Institute
– Optional guided tour of the core exhibition of POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews (Monday morning)
– Optional group dinner on Monday evening